|I went to the top of the Empire State Building. No matter how touristy, it’s still one of my favorite New York things to do.|
Since I moved to NYC, it seems that life has been more eventful than my pre-New York days. I thought about all of the crazy stuff that’s happened over the past seven years and I came up with a detailed list that even surprises me. I would venture to say that I’m not alone in this, either. I could probably grab most any random New Yorker on the street and they could craft their own list in minutes too, since each day in this town brings opportunity and adventure. These are in no particular sequence, but rather, they are random thoughts remembering all that’s happened in my New York life since 2007.
1. I became a published writer.
2. I learned to ride the New York subway.
3. I bought a piece of Manhattan real estate.
4. I shook John Corbett’s hand.
5. I got hired.
6. I got fired.
7. I started a blog.
8. I became friends with native New Yorkers.
9. I started eating oysters and liking them. (Thank you, Mermaid Inn!)
10. I learned to walk through the city in high heels.
|I can almost walk in these shoes.|
11. I developed wanderlust.
12. I met Ina Garten.
13. I talked to Jodie Foster.
14. I heard Tony Bennett, Paul McCartney, and Billy Joel sing live on the same night.
15. I got lost driving in the Bronx.
16. I got lost driving in Queens.
17. I got lost walking in Brooklyn.
18. I rode the subway in the wrong direction in Manhattan.
19. I faced my fear of elevators.
20. I got trapped in an elevator.
21. I got rescued from an elevator by the FDNY.
22. I faced my fear of heights.
23. I lived on the 29th floor for 2 years.
24. I was at a party with Kim Cattrall.
25. I bought 4 down coats.
26. I bought 7 pairs of boots.
|My first down coat during my first New York winter. Burrrr!|
27. I said goodnight to Nathan Lane.
28. I talked to Chris Noth.
29. I saw Robert De Niro eating brunch at Café Boulud.
30. I saw Sex and the City filming.
31. I toured Allen Ginsburg’s former apartment.
32. I ate the best pizza of my life at Di Fara.
33. I ate the best meal of my life at Eleven Madison Park.
|Need I say more?|
34. I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
35. I went to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
36. I went to the top of the Empire State Building.
37. I took photos of Anne Meara with Jerry Stiller and their family.
38. I moved personal belongings from the east side to the west side in my SUV.
39. I drank an egg cream.
40. I ate a steak at Sparks.
41. I ate a sandwich at the Carnegie Deli.
42. I had dinner with a Top Chef contender.
43. I posed for a photo with Drew and Nick Lachey.
44. I performed Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance on 6th Avenue in front of thousands.
45. I ate the Black Label Burger at Minetta Tavern.
46. I drank a cocktail at The Plaza.
47. I sat on a blanket and listened to the NY Philharmonic in Central Park.
|The summer concerts in the park will always be one of the most magical experiences for me!|
48. I watched the film Manhattan in Central Park.
49. I ordered Chinese food for delivery.
50. I ordered pizza for delivery.
51. I posed for a photo with Picasso’s grandson.
52. I won an Efva Attling necklace.
53. I attended the TriBeCa Film Festival.
54. I attended Diner en Blanc.
55. I shopped at Macy’s flagship.
56. I shopped at Bergdorf Goodman.
57. I window shopped at Barney’s.
58. I moved to the Upper West Side.
59. I rode the Cyclone at Coney Island.
60. I went to Shea Stadium.
61. I drank a cocktail at Bemelmans.
62. I drank a cocktail at the King Cole Bar.
63. I ate dinner at Le Bernardin.
64. I attended the Tony Awards.
|Mike and I went to the Tony Awards in 2010.|
65. I toured Staten Island.
66. I rode the 7 train through Queens.
67. I rode the D train through Brooklyn.
68. I got stuck in traffic in Harlem.
69. I meandered through Bed-Stuy.
70. I rode the ferry to Governors Island.
71. I rode the Staten Island Ferry.
72. I walked past Matt Dillon.
73. I flew out of LaGuardia Airport.
74. I flew out of Newark Airport
75. I flew out of JFK Airport.
76. I spent the day in Little Italy, Bronx.
77. I sailed the Hudson.
78. I saw Kelsey Grammer on Broadway
79. I saw Jennifer Garner on Broadway.
80. I saw Idina Menzel on Broadway.
81. I saw Alan Cumming on Broadway.
82. I saw Sutton Foster perform an impromptu song at 54 Below.
83. I met Kelli O’Hara in Riverside Park.
84. I saw Bebe Neuwirth in my apartment building lobby.
85. I rescued a Labrador Retriever from Ilinois and named him Bogey.
|Hi. My name is Bogey!|
86. I took a writing class.
87. I walked from the Upper East Side to the South Street Seaport.
88. I ran in Central Park. (I am NOT a runner.)
89. I saw Roberto Bolle dance at City Center.
90. I saw Savion Glover perform at the Joyce Theater.
91. I ran into Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick while walking Bogey.
92. I saw Alec Baldwin at Sardi’s.
93. I interviewed Katherine Crockett, principal dancer with Martha Graham.
94. I watched One World Trade come to fruition.
95. I biked through Central Park.
96. I walked through Times Square alone at night.
97. I had drinks at Tavern on the Green.
|Tavern on the Green is back!|
98. I had drinks at the Rainbow Room before it closed.
99. I watched the sun set over the Hudson River.
100. I made a wish and it came true.
101. I fell in love with New York all over again.
|What a ride it’s been!|