19 Things to Do in NYC This Year
A new year has arrived, and instead of traditional resolutions and goals, we thought it would be fun to come up with a list of 19 ways New Yorkers can enjoy living in New York City in 2019. It’s easy to get caught up in the fast-paced lifestyle of this city, and many locals tend to miss out on the experiences that make life in the Big Apple so fantastic. Take advantage of living in one of the world’s greatest cities by carving out time throughout the year to check off some (or all) of these things to do in NYC. You may find yourself falling in love with New York all over again.
1. Check out a new restaurant, or one you’ve meant to try.
2. Explore a neighborhood you haven’t been to before. Bonus points for leaving your borough.
3. Attend one of the city’s many festivals that celebrate other cultures, whether it’s ringing in the Lunar New Year in Chinatown or chowing down at the 2nd Annual Creole Food Festival in April.
4. Go to a sample sale. (How to survive one.)
5. Take a mixology class and create a signature cocktail.
6. Sign up for one of those “trendy new workout classes” that you’ve seen advertised on social media – like doing yoga while drinking beer or hanging out with baby goats. Worst case scenario: It will be hilarious.
8. Map out a pub crawl for you and your friends.
9. Tip a talented street performer.
10. Buy fresh produce at a greenmarket, such as the Union Square Greenmarket, and cook dinner for yourself at home.
11. Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or animal shelter.
12. Check out a book from the New York Public Library. And admire the architecture while you’re at it.
13. Take a haunted walking tour in October.
14. Go to lunch, dinner, or a movie solo. Or walk around the city alone.
16. Be a supportive audience member for NYC artists by attending an open mic night or amateur showcase. You might even witness a new up-and-coming Broadway star.
17. Go to an outdoor concert during the summer. (But don’t forget to wear your mosquito repellant.)
18. Attend a sporting event. Even if you’re not a sports fanatic, the dining options at venues like Citi Field can turn an average baseball game into a foodie adventure. Also, shout out to Manhattan Mini Storage for their classic Subway ad that read, “Why leave a city that has six professional sports teams, and also the Mets?” 🙂
19. Shop the city’s holiday markets in December and find the perfect New York City gift for everyone on your “nice” list.
How do you plan to enjoy NYC in 2019? Feel free to add to our things to do by commenting below!