|Tieks Ballerina Pink flats for Breast Cancer Awareness|
I received my first pair of Tieks this past summer and was immediately hooked on the super comfy Italian ballet flats. These shoes mold to my foot and feel like slippers, and they’re ideal for a day of running around New York City. Last week I received my second pair, but this time the ballerina pink Tieks. The pale pink color of these shoes reminds me of my ballet slippers, which are now old and worn, but I still keep for nostalgia’s sake even though I haven’t danced for many years.
|I still hold on to my Capezio ballet flats.|
But these pink Tieks are different from any others I’ll ever own, and they symbolize more than great style. This month, Tieks by Gavrieli is teaming up with the American Cancer Society to help educate and bring breast cancer awareness to women –– everywhere.
|These ballerina pink shoes from Tieks symbolize more than great style.|
I’m proud to wear these ballerina pink Tieks this October and anytime. Sporting a pair of pink shoes (or pink anything, for that matter) might not eliminate this dreadful disease, the painful, invasive treatments, or the long road to recovery, but by breaking out the pink, I can show my support for the many women battling breast cancer.
I think of my aunt Diane Trout-Rymshaw, and my friend Wanda Colon –– both have fought breast cancer in the past few years. I wear these pink shoes in their honor.
Did you know?
- In the U.S., 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Every 15 minutes, a woman dies of breast cancer in the U.S.
- When breast cancer is detected early in the localized stage, the 5-year survival rate is over 95 percent.
- It has been estimated that if every woman over the age of 50 had her yearly mammogram, breast cancer deaths in this age group would drop by 25 percent or more.
To increase your chance of early detection, visit www.cancer.org.
To the folks at Tieks: Thanks so much for sending me these pink Tieks. I love them!